Beyond Infinity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond Infinity

Beyond Infinity is a free-form roleplaying room focusing on science fiction and the supernatural. There are no limits here except what you can imagine. Beyond space, beyond time, beyond the infinite.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Battle of the Egos

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zara Firethorne

Battle of the Egos Empty
PostSubject: Battle of the Egos   Battle of the Egos Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 3:31 am

Daloo sat in his quarters, meditating. He always did this. As a smuggler you often found yourself doing things that went against your moral code, and one had to constantly stay centered if one was to keep from being, you know...evil.

*Raven was in the Gally. she got herself a hot drink. Qietly the woman hummed to herself. she had slowly been finding a peaceful center. sipping her drink she then made the second one. picking up the two she left the Gally, making her way to Daloo's quarters. the door opened as she reached it and she stood in the doorway, leaning against the frame.

"I brought you a drink" she said finally after watching the man meditate for several moments.

He looked over at her...then smiled.

"You didn't have to do that."

*She shrugged lightly*

"thought you would like one..." she murmured, not entering his quarters

"Come on in." he said. "I hope you made another for yourself."

*Raven entered. moving to sit by him, setting his mug in front of him. finally backing up against the wall to lean against it

"yes i did" she sipped her own drink and sighed

"So. were will we go now?" she said. they were still docked with the abandoned ship they had found the droid on

He took his mug and sipped. "Good. Well, that's the one thing about a ship I like best. You can go anywhere you want to. A ship you see, isn't just a ship. It's freedom."

"freedom.." she sipped her drink. after swallowing she spoke again

"I wonder... is there truly such a thing as freedom for Force users anymore? with the Emperor hunting us all down... killing us all one by one...

"He's not killing us." he said. "We were only ordered to kill if we couldn't convert. Any one who wouldn't join us, we'd have no choice but to kill."

"exactly. killing" she replied coldly

"I didn't say it was right."

"I know" she sighed

"Look Crispin we need to do something other then float about in space... we need to try and help stop this"

"What do you suggest we do, go to Coruscant and ask the Emperor to knock it off?"

"Has anyone tried it yet?" she asked teasingly

"There's a war on. I'm perfectly happy sticking it to the Empire in my own way, thank you very much."

He sipped, repositioning indian style.

*She chuckled and smiled

"yeah... I dont fancy knocking on the emperors door either" she lent back, resting her hands behind her head and crossing one ankle over the other

"Hmmm so then whats our next move oh great Captain?"

"Honestly, I don't know. But the endless expanse is a fantastic place to lay low, isn't it?"

"apparently so" came her flat reply as she sipped her drink again

"War's not going to be over soon. The Rebels are losing badly and they've got that Death Star to contend with."

"Meanwhile we do nothing..."

"You want to join up with the Rebels be my guest if you can find them but I'm telling you, you're wasting your time. I was stationed on the Death Star once." he said. "Let's just say it's not just a clever name."

*She sighed and shook her head then stood up*

"running is no better" she replied before leaving the room

"We're still alive, aren't we?" he sighed. "Bloody idealist."

*Raven stopped and turned to look at him

"i am not an idealist... I just do not want to stand by any longer while people die.." she looked down at her saber then to him

"We were trained to protect those weaker... there are so many weaker out there and yet we do nothing..." she shrugged and left heading to her quarters

"I wasn't trained like you were. What do you suggest, we find the Rebels? Tell them we want to do our part? Look, we're making a stop on Mon Calamari. Trouble is, it's an Imperial stronghold. The Mon Calamari and the Quarren are slaves, but there is a resistance movement."

*She stopped walking and grumbled to herself and stormed back in, her eyes flickering

"an imoerial stronghold you say? then why are you going near it? wouldnt you prefere to tuck your tail between your legs and run away!"

He raised his hand, prepped to make it into a fist.

"I'd hold my tongue if I were you. I'm still technically a darksider. We're going to resupply. Plus if you have your heart set on joining the Rebels it's your closest, best chance. Rumor has it there's been a secret Alliance attache trying unsuccessfully to convince the Calamari to join them."

*She narrowed her, now, yellow eyes at him

"hold my tongue? Now why would I want to do such a thing like that? After all your nothing but a yellow bellied hider! skulking in the shadows hoping nobody see's you!" she growled

"Yellow bellied hider? That's rich coming from you."

"I HAD NO CHOICE! IT WAS AGAINST MY WILL!" she yelled

"I sincerely hope you'll think about that before you make judgments about the circumstances regarding someone ELSE'S current situation."

He went to the cockpit.

"If you saw the things I saw and did the things I did, you wouldn't want any part of it either."

*Raven stormed after him

"Well one you dont bother to inform me of anything of your life! and two if you want to make it right you should work to change things instead of skulking around at the Emperors skirts!"

"Spare me the self-righteous speech. Eespecially since you're one of the jerks who enabled Palpatine to turn the galaxy into the craphole it is today in the first place."

"how the hell did I contribute to it?"

"By not shoving your lightsaber up his ass the first chance you had, for one thing."

"well you never did and I have never actualy MET him only heard of him you freaking self ritiouse bastard!

"You also happen to be on MY ship, and the good thing about it being MY ship is that I decide what or who is aboard, and I have decided that when this ship leaves Dac, you won't be aboard her." he said plainly.

*Raven blinked and took a step back*

"W..what? Your dumping me on Dac? Why?" she demanded

"A: My ship, my call. B: You whine too much and C: I don't think I like you anymore. Want to remain on board?"

*Her chest tightened and she fored herself to remain calm. the idea of being in the 'verse alone was scarey for her.. the Universe had changed so much and she did not know exactly what to do, where to go... As much as she hated it she needed guidance... and at that moment the only person she had, was Daloo....

"i...If you want me gone t... then ok..." she looked down feeling very cold and numb. finally she looked up at him, failing to keep her face calm, just

"Hand me over when we reach Dec, earn yourself some credits then at least it wont have been a waste" she managed calmly before turning and retreating to her quarters. she dropped onto her bed, her body shacking. She had not thought it would be such a terrible day when she awoke...

"I was saying, Raven, if you want to stay on board then you'd better understand quick that I hold not just your transportation but your future in the palm of my hand, so you'd better start showing me some goddamn respect, you coat rack with tits!"

*His words were lost on her as she had retreated to her quarters. Raven sat on her bed thinking things through. She didnt want to go back to the Sisters... and she didnt really wish to seek out any of the Jedi Order, she was no longer one of them..

He'd gone to her quarters and leaned in on the door.

"As I was saying earlier. You're a passenger on my ship. I saved your life. You WILL show me respect. Is that understood?"

*The woman tense as she felt him approach her room. though she did not look up, listened to him in silence before finally responding

"Understood..."

"I have my own reasons for staying the hell away from the Empire."

*RAven simply nodded her head

"Understood" she replied once again, looking away, her mind a cloudy blank

"I wasn't just a pissant Shadow Knight who tortured people and converted Jedi..."

"I believe you...." Raven murmured quietly then loooked down at the floor

"i... do not wish to be left on Dec.... plase..." she added hesitantly. she hated it, it made her feel so weak

"I was Darth Scythe's apprentice. Most evil of the evil. I slaughtered roomfuls of Jedi, second in command of the 501st legion--Scythe's Blade. I was his ticket to the top. Together we were supposed to destroy Palpatine and I was going to rule the galaxy by his side...and he wants me back."

*Raven listened to this and slowly nodded

"if... he wants you back... then... would it be wrong to assume he would not kill you?" she asked quietly like a child that had just been scolded

"If it's one thing Darth Scythe can't abide, it's unfinished business. One way or another, he has unfinished business with me. You wanted to know why I say the hell away from the Empire? I've got no desire to open up old wounds. Mainly because Lord Scythe's interested in opening some new ones."

"I understand" Raven replied quietly. She understood.. He was scared... but so was she... everyone was....

He headed back into the cockpit, slowly. He had to think.

He wasn't really going to leave her, you know. He just wanted to give her something to think about.

*Slowly Raven looked up as he left. sighing she looked back down at her hands.

"this is going to be a terrible match"

Somtime later she stood and came tot he cockpit

"you know... we are both very strongwilled.... we were raised so differently.... is any form of relationship, friendship, going to work between us?" she asked plainly as she slipped into the other seat

"It can." he said. "Depends on the kind of relationship you're after."

"Preferably something that does not have us at each others throats and you threatening to throw me off at each planet we stop at..." she replied quietly

"That all depends." he said, flipping switches.

"on what?"

"On how long you plan on challenging me."

"Challenging you how?" she asked turning to look at him

"My authority, my motives, my manhood...to name a few."
*Raven laughed at this

"your manhood? I am challenging your manhood?" she lent forward, finding this ever so amusing

"And, pray, how am I challenging your manhood?" she asked sweetly

He just stared at her. Then laughed.

*she sat up against and rose an eyebrow

"well?"

"Well what? How were you challenging my manhood? You just were."

"well if you dont explain how I am then i wont know how to fix it will I?" she tainted

"There's an easy way to fix it." he suggested. "When you get the urge to snark off to me, don't."

"thats all?" she shook her head and stood up, her eyes looking over his form a moment, a smirk she walked to leave then paused and looked back at him

"Small manhood to be so very challenged by such a small thing as words" she teased

"I can still leave you on Dac."

"Hmmmm dont worry Daloo... You'll grow up to be a big strong man one day" she taunted irritably before leaving the cockpit and heading tot he common area. he irritated her, but that's something she always had with those higher then her. Raven was not always good with authority, maybe why she and Master Anikin fought on occasion...

He wasn't higher than she was. She did not answer to him, but to him she was just snarking off.

In fact, he was holding back. Were he still a follower of the ways of the Sith, he would have killed her where she stood.

*no it was not that he was higher, it was just his ego and arogent ways that she could not stand.

Raven sat down and sighed. maybe she should stay on Dac.... but she didnt feel comfortable alone, the only time she had been alone sincle joinging the Jedi order was when Master Yoda sent her away... the idea of being alone was scary

He really didn't want to leave her alone. But he may have had no other choice if they were just going to fight all the time and she insisted on being a pain in his ass.

*Raven never ment to cause arguments, she certainly did not mean to fight with him. it was just hard to hold her tongue at times. but she tried... sometimes if only he would too....

That wasn't his style, to hold his tongue. But perhaps he should have. Usually he relied on his wits, good looks, blaster or The Force to get him out of sticky situations.

*it seemed to be the problem they had. both were not used to holding their tongue... But for Raven she was still half way through her training and had to much bad influence for her to easily fall back into her old ways.

*sighing she ran her hands through her hair, fingers easily avoiding the small spikes on her forehead. he irritated her so very much... more then anyone in the past ever had..

She was a pain in the ass, but still he had to admire her spirit. It wasn't before long they approached the water world of Dac, home of the Quarren and the Mon Calamari. An Imperial slave world.

*As they aproached raven returned to the cokpit

"so.... here we are?" she sat down nervously, unsure about this

"planning on leaving me here?" she murmured, looking at the planet on the screen, so much water....

"I might." he said. "That's dependent on you."
"I am not a submissive and obedient person Daloo. I dont believe in the Master student bullshit. it is an equal thing as far as im concerned.. if that doesnt suit you then.." she shrugged and stood again

"then I shall go pack my bag"

"Look, Padawan, I'm not your Master. It doesn't make any difference to me whether you stay or go. But considering the fact that I saved your life, while you're traveling with me you -will- show me some respect."

Using one of his many false identifications, the Wind landed in the capital city.

"treat me as I have the right to be treated and then i shall give you ALL the respect you seem to crave" she said with a faint smile

"Prove to me that you deserve to be treated better and I will."

*She chuckled and shook her head*

"and again we find ourselves at a catch 22. but no matter. I suppose I am used to giving respect were it is not deserved or earnt" she shrugged

"call me when you need me no i suppose you wont need me so.. maybe when you want me to tag along and get you in trouble" she replied coldly before turning her back on him and walking away down the corridors

"It's a testament to my patience that I haven't killed you yet." was his response.

"Patience or weakness in your manhood Daloo" she replied coldly and continued walking

If he wanted to, he could unleash the terrible power within him and turn her into a grease spot on the bulkheads. But he didn't, he just wasn't that person anymore.

However, he hoped she thought about that just because he didn't do something didn't mean that he couldn't. In fact he was showing the restraint and patience of a Jedi Master in the face of her insolence.

Still, as they landed he thought that he became more and more convinced that this wasn't going to work out. They were surrounded by the Empire, and having a twat constantly jawing and smarting off to you was no way to avoid attracting attention to yourself.

So he decided to disembark. Alone.

*Raven had retreated to her quarters. Sitting down on her bed she closed as much of her mind off to the outside everything. she didnt want to be there... she wanted to be somewhere safe, somewhere that didnt make her feel like a target for all with a weapon.

Tim past and Raven thought about much. finally she too left the ship. slipping out she pulled the dark purple hood low over her face, the Zabrak spikes keeping it nicely in place.

He hung out in the Cantina, where else? Sitting against the wall enjoying a Jawa Juice, seemingly just waiting....

*Raven had a headache already, keeping ones self hidden was hard work, as was staying calm... way too long with the Sisters she had no control of her emotions... none what so ever... she hated Daloo being right...

The sounds of the water was relaxing. Slowly she made her way towards the water. stopping now and then.

"tis a beautiful sight isnt it?" someone asked

"that it is" she replied quietly

"a nice change from the outer worlds?" flinching she turned just in time to be knocked out by the butt of a gun

"take her away. You four find the other"

Finally his contact entered, a Mon Calamari in civilian clothes. Sitting at the table beside him.

"The weather's nice this time of year." he said to no one in particular.

"The weather on Hoth is nicer." replied the Calamari.

"Just dress warm." he replied. And with that, the joined Daloo at his table.

"You must be Ackbar." Daloo said.

"And you must be my contact." replied the Calamari.

"If I'm not, I have a gift for small talk." then he took a data pad out of his jacket. "I believe this is what you came for?" he asked.

Ackbar reached for it, but Daloo snatched it away. Looking around to the Imperial officers in the cantina, trying to be discreet.

"I believe you have something for me, first." said Daloo. With an understanding nod, Ackbar produced the agreed-upon credits. Then Daloo handed over the datapad.

"There it is." he said. "The exact strength and positions of Imperial Occupation Forces on Dac."

"You're saving countless lives." said Ackbar.

"Beat the Empire." replied Daloo "and save mine."

He had a funny feeling. Something was wrong. So he left Ackbar and left....being pursued by an Imperial agent in disguise.

*Raven slowly awoke. She took her time to sit up as her head hurt

"Hello?" Looking around Raven narrowed her red eyes, it was very dark, wherever she was

"do not fear youngling you are not alone"

"Youngling? do i LOOK like a child to you?" she demanded as she stood up. she tried reaching out to find Daloo but found she couldnt and only caused pain. wincing her hands moved to her head. she heard laughter

"The force, you will find Youngling, is not with you while you remain here.." Raven suddenly felt cold. she had never been shut off from the force befre... and yet now she could not sense anything...

Daloo had turned a corner, and waited for the Imperial agent to pass. When he did, Daloo applied a Force Choke, and killed him.

Then he closed his eyes and reached out with the Force, trying to locate Raven.
"what have you done to me?" she demanded. the laughter came again

"you have a cellmate" a hand pointed tot he cieling of her cell. Raven looked up, seeing a ysalamir. The Lizard blinked, looked at her and then scampered across the cell. Frowning she walked tot he edge of the cell again

"So.. the only way you can hold a Force-user is with a lizard? suddenly you make all those stories I have heard about the emperor sound so... hmmm false" she challenged.

"I do not care for your opinions. I am here to deliver you to the Emperor and you can smart mouth to him for all i care"
Back to top Go down
Zara Firethorne

Battle of the Egos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Egos   Battle of the Egos Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 3:32 am

Daloo wandered the street, following the bad feeling that he had about Raven. Why he cared for the girl he didn't know. She was an argumentive, arrogant relic of a dead lifestyle, but he cared. Compassion was one thing the Empire could never destroy in him. It's what got him in this mess in the first place.

But his power was never to be underestimated. Once more he reached out through the Force, attempting to find her.

*Raven was blind... not in the normal sense, but separated from the Force... Unable to reach out..

"And when are you delivering me?'s he asked moving tot he edge of her cell

"Sooner then you think"

He sensed....not a disturbance, but a void in the Force. There was a place not even he could reach no matter how hard he tried. Deeper, he focused. Into the city itself.

Yes, he could sense the dark side here.
Back to top Go down
Zara Firethorne

Battle of the Egos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Egos   Battle of the Egos Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 3:32 am

He reached out, but he felt nothing. It was a void.

So that was exactly where he was headed. To the place where he couldn't feel her presence, because that's exactly where Raven was. He could feel it.

"HEY! im talking to you!" she yelled again but still she was ignored... sitting down she tried again, closing her eyes and clearing her mind.. but every time she tried to reach out she got a headache...

Throwing up his cloak, he unclicked the safety on his blaster....which was something he knew he was going to need as he approached the source of the emptiness.

*it was an old building, very solid... and it looked completely abandoned.. Once entering he would find a selection of tunnels to go downwards, all of them where dark and nothing could be sensed from any of them..

From his belt he took out something and unfolded it. It was a pair of goggles. Flipping a switch, the night vision turned on. He then drew his blaster and headed down what appeared to be the most frequently-used tunnel.

*In the distance, very faintly, he would hear voices.... no... not voices... one voice.. once voice yelling very loudly and angrily..

"FACE ME DAMMIT!" she yelled again

Calmly he walked toward the voice.
Back to top Go down
Zara Firethorne

Battle of the Egos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Egos   Battle of the Egos Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 3:33 am

*She felt so weak and had no idea how long it had been since she had been taken... it had only been twelve hours... but cut off as she was it felt like an eternity being cut off from the Force so harshly

Commotion in one of the outer rooms caught her attention

"Crispin?" she asked weakly hearing things clatter and moans of people being hurt

"Crispin! im in here!" she yelled

Slowly and deliberatly, Daloo approached. This was too easy. Much, much too easy. And wouldn't you know it? He felt cut off from the Force. It was a lonely, unpleasant sensation. One he wished would pass quickly.

*She kept away from the bars.. her hands still burnt and bruised from touching them. Seeing him she pointed to her eyes with two fingers and then to the two top corners just inside her cell, letting him know that's what was nullifying the Force for them both, the two creatures hissed, having not noticed him

The two creatures were definitely noticed by Daloo.

Ysalimir. How cute. Daloo drew his uncivilized weapon, his blaster, and pumped them both full of laser quite promptly.

*Raven watched as the two Ysalimir where shot and fell to the floor of the cell. Slowly she walked towards them, kicking one lightly to make sure it was dead... yes.. they where dead... She did not understand why she did not have an instant sensation of the Force relinking with her. slowly she looked to Daloo

"You are a very welcoming sight!" she told him with a huge smile

Daloo went to the control panel to open the cell that Raven was in.

"We won't have long, they'll have heard that."

And he pulled the switch.

*Nodded Raven exited the cell hesitantly, worried she would get zapped again.

"no need to tell me twice" she replied weakly, her voice husky and somewhat raw, clothes a bit torn and a little bruised but she would recovery

"D...did you finish your buisness?' she asked sticking close to him without clinging to him as they excited

"You are my business."

*There where so many ways his words could be taken.. but she did not think of any of those things.. all she cared about was getting away and being rid of that hollow dark sensation..

"Time to go." he said, already on his way back out the way he came. Making sure Raven was close by.

*She followed close behind him, staying very quiet, arms wrapped tightly about herself.. she wanted to get to the ship and off this planet... and far away...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Battle of the Egos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Egos   Battle of the Egos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle of the Egos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beyond Infinity :: Roleplaying and Storylines :: Star Wars :: Star Wars: The Dark Times-
Jump to: