Beyond Infinity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond Infinity

Beyond Infinity is a free-form roleplaying room focusing on science fiction and the supernatural. There are no limits here except what you can imagine. Beyond space, beyond time, beyond the infinite.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

STARSHIP HELLIOS :Enter the droid

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zara Firethorne

STARSHIP HELLIOS :Enter the droid Empty
PostSubject: STARSHIP HELLIOS :Enter the droid   STARSHIP HELLIOS :Enter the droid Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 3:30 am

Starship Hellios - Out Rims

A large transport vessel usually with a crew of 100 floats dead in space. The crew dead from an unknown illness that spread like a wildfire, the ship drifts just waiting to be discovered out past where even the brave go.

For the longest time the droids kept things running the best they could, but without humans to guide them, the ship and even they feel into disrepair.

A dead ship prime for the picking, if only someone can find it.

"Stay out of trouble" he had told her. yeah yeah... Did he think she couldn't hold her own? clearly... Raven slowly moved through the ship. she was curious about it. what else they had on the ship, what Daloo was actually interested in on the ship. they had separated to explore the vessel.

Raven saw the occasional droids as she moved through the corridors... some of them where functioning, others where completely ruined.. almost made her feel sympathy for the horrid things.

CXR-3 stood alone in a repair room. He had tried to fix himself but his power had run out before he could.

Perhaps it was a bad idea to split up. Daloo had docked the Wind with the derelict vessel, and using EV suits because the ship was a derelict, non-functioning and life support was online, they headed underway to see what they could salvage.

The droid parts he was particularly interested in. Perhaps there was something he could mod R3 with. SO he got on the commlink.

"Are we having fun yet?" he asked.

*She moved slowly into the repair room, eyeing a few parts on the benches. she curled her nose up. she didn't know what she was looking for... hearing his voice she rolled her eyes

"yeah... lots of fun" she murmured into the comms stick she held. seeing the droid she walked up to it, looking for where to turn it on

"Got one mostly intact.... looks like it was trying to repair its self...."

The robot whirred lightly and then..... nothing.

"On my way." he said. Eventually joining her in the repair room.

"Battledroid..." he mused. Getting a better look at it. "Haven't seen these since the Separatist remnant..."

He glanced at her.

"They didn't much care for me."

Then the whirr.

"It's still online! Sort of."

*She jumped as it whirred looking closer at it, poking at it. it was interesting

"its mostly in order.... how about we take him back with us?" she suggested, a huge leap for the girl that ran from the previous droid they had while wielding the force to try and break it for coming near her...

CXR-3 held a power cable in it's hand... one it never managed to plug into itself.

"I've seen assassin droids before, there's this one droid bounty hunter I've had the displeasure of meeting a time or two IG-something or other. He's almost as bad as Boba Fett..."

He stopped, catching himself rambling. Then he looked down at the power cable.

"Taking to picking up strays, Raven? Objectively it's the most intact thing I've seen on this ship yet. If nothing else we can raid its memory banks and find out if it knows anything interesting."

*She blushed and then smiled

"well... being stuck with just you and your lone wolf ways..." she shrugged hesitantly she slowly picked up the power cable

"might as well.. plug him in here and make sure he's safe right?" she suggested plugging the droid in

"No." he said, looking at her. "It's an AI model. Droid commander. He could call in what's left of his forces as soon as he comes online. I'm for turning him back on but we should do this on the Wind where we can control the situation."

*She nodded her head and let the cord drop

"Alright then... carry him back for me?" she asked almost cheekily

"Fine, if you root through the rest of the junk for stuff we can use."

*Raven rose an eyebrow and looked about her

"Um... ok..." she said a little unsure, looking to the droid and seing what it was missing.

"What componants will we need?" she asked as she moved to pick up random parts

"And you're hauling it back..." he smirked, taking the droid out of the repair unit and beginning to lug the thing back to the ship.

"That's it, you're going on a diet, big guy."

*She grumbled and nodded. slowly picking up some parts. finding a container she dumped them in it before slowly following him back to the Wind.

"So we pluging him in?" she asked

He set him up in the workshop. Where he repaired droids, lightsabers, anything really. Daloo got his tools and opened the droid's access panel.

"Not yet." he said.

For a few minutes, he worked. Taking everything but the voice modulator and the central processor offline so the droid could think and communicate.

Then he brought the droid online.

The droid whirred to life and it's optical circuits fired up.

"CXR-3 online..... what are your orders sirs?"

*Raven watched closely over his shoulder, carelessly invading his personal space. as it spoke she grinned

"it lives." but she was sure to keep Daloo between her and it
Normally he would have just brought the thing online but if it was a droid that was equipped with blasters, he didn't take chances.

"What is your function?"

He droid tried to turn it's head to see it's commander, but it's circuits seemed to fail.

"My primary function is as a model 3 battle droid commander. It is my position to take the orders from the human commanders and command the droids. Over the years my programming has been.... compromised ... by necessity. An old secondary function was infiltration and assassination. Posing as a worker bot and eliminating targets.

"Sirs... I can not move. Are my motor servos malfunctioning?"

*she listened to it curiously and then looked to Daloo

"why can he not move? Did you do that to him?" she asked, waving a hand in front of its 'face'

"can it see us?

"No, I took them offline. Be a good boy and I'll restore them. You're still a battledroid and your purpose is to kill. What is your last recorded memory?"

"I assume you mean before I failed to reach the recharger before my batteries died sir? The crew of the Hellios was afflicted with a quick and fatal air
born virus. It took twelve days to kill all 100 crew.

"And yes I can see.... well at least what is in front of my optical sensors."

*she rose an eyebrow at Daloo ignoreing her, then looked back to the droid

"was the virus still on the ship when we went on board?" she asked concern in her voice that maybe they could have contracted it

"Yes, we saw the bodies."

he glanced at Raven.

"We were wearing EVA suits, Raven. No contagion could have gotten in."

Then back to the droid.

"What was your prior mission?"

"I was purchased by Captain Fornum as surplus. My mission was the protection of crew and supplies while on deliveries.

"And according to the medical droids once all of the possible carriers were gone the virus died within weeks. Not counting the time I was offline, the last of the crew terminated over one year ago. If you can tell me the current date by Corsecant time I can tell you how long it has been."

*raven nodded in response to Daloo

“Right..” she forgot how much protection they gave..

“So you have been alone on that ship for… over a year?” she asked

"Well according to the date I have been alone for nine years, offline for seven and a half. I was actually the last droid to fail. I am.... was more complex than the other, better built. Not bad for an outdated droid huh ma'am?"

The droid actually chuckles.... sort of.

"What are your other functions?"

“that must have been hard…. Being alone for so long” she murmured. She managed a smile

“yes indeed you have done well” she replied with a smile. The chuckle had surprised her

“I did not realize droids could laugh..”

"I do not understand hard... it just was. I guess I did miss having other droids for help, but even the crew talked to me like a thing. 'Complete this task CXR, fix that engine CXR run diagnostics CXR.'

"I am fluent in 12 known languages, have a basic understanding of medical, engineering and commerce protocols. I also make a mean Bantha Stew...... since my parts were recycled from other droids, a few remnant functions remained in certain circuit boards and the crew expanded on them.

"One.... Cecilia tried to teach me a sense of humor but could only ever understand irony."

"You ARE a thing."

He opened up the droid's access panel again, and began tinkering with it, to bring the rest of the droid's functions back online.

"I can probably expand your language protocols and learning capacity to rival any protocol droid with a few upgrades. I'm Crispin Daloo, by the way. This horny little lady here is Raven Sazen. Like you, I suppose we're derelicts."

*Raven bit her bottom lip to keep from laughing as the droid seemed to give Daloo lip. She nodded her head

“Well… hopefully you will be able to help us out from time to time yeah? “ she frowned and looked at Daloo

“Just because he is Droid doesn’t make him a thing.. that’s like saying a Terran is a thing!” she replied coldly. Her face flushed. She kicked Daloo in the shin had for his description of her

“Whatever Daloo” she looked to the Droid

“I’ll come back and see you when gitface here is being nicer” she growled turning to leave the room

Once his movement programs were active he tuned his head to look at Raven...

"Funny, Miss Raven looks like a Zabrak.... according to my records they do not have horns." He only had one large optic sensor, but it looked like it actually winked at her.

"And Miss Raven I a sure I can help a lot around here. I hold a full complement of tools in my left forearm and several weapons in my right." He looked back to Crispin.

"Mister Daloo... if you knew you would run out of life, would you not try everything to continue it? If you felt it all fading would you not fear? If you woke up to find you were not terminated would you not be relieved?"
What was Raven's problem, calling a droid an object? Droids WERE objects. They weren't born, they were built in factories and made up of interchangeable parts. When one breaks you don't dunk it in a bacta tank, you break out the spanner. Droids were machines. You may as well treat a speeder like a human being. He was just stating a fact and nothing more.

I doesn't mean he didn't like or trust them.

But he WAS joking about her. I mean, she was Zabrak. She did have horns. She was quite literally horny.

"Then you should have your optics examined."

He considered the droid's remarks.

"I'm not going to get into an existential debate with you but a sense of self-preservation alone does not make you human, Cee-Ex. You're as human as my swoop bike. I'm sorry but it's just a fact. However that doesn't mean I don't appreciate your kind. Droids have pulled my ass out of the Gundark's nest on more than one occasion."

He closed the access panel.

"You should have full motor function again. I left your weapons offline just to be safe."

As a token of his goodwill, he didn't even put a restraining bolt on him.

*RAven stopped and looked at the Droid a moment, canting her head to the side as she thoguht*

"Hmmm You arnt a typical droid..." she looked to Daloo

"I like him. So dont you go reprograming him got it?" she demanded
Back to top Go down

STARSHIP HELLIOS :Enter the droid
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beyond Infinity :: Roleplaying and Storylines :: Star Wars :: Star Wars: The Dark Times-
Jump to: